Welcome to the Superfans Series from Experience.com! In this series, you’ll learn how to boost your brand’s reputation, referrals, and revenue through Brittany Hodak’s trusted Superfan System.
It’s no longer enough to create a ‘great’ experience for your customers, employees, and stakeholders. In order to get customers truly excited about your brand, you need to be super yourself.
Though it might sound complicated, Brittany’s identified a 5-step system guaranteed to generate more enthusiastic customers. In this introduction to the series, you’ll learn what a superfan is and why they are important.
What Is a Superfan?
Firstly, what even is a superfan? When you hear the term ‘superfan,’ your thoughts might jump to pop culture. You probably think of someone who wears a sports jersey to see a local team play, or someone who attends ComicCon every year. While these certainly are ‘superfans’ in their own right, this isn’t what we mean when we talk about the Superfan System.
When we say ‘superfan,’ we’re referring to customers that are more than just loyal. These are people who are so passionate that they refer new customers to your company. Whether you’re working in retail, mortgage, hospitality, or any other industry, you have the power to create superfans.
There are two main types of superfans:
- Customer: A customer is someone who has gone through your sales funnel already, and had a fabulous experience. They were so impressed that they now share this experience with their friends and family.
- Stakeholder: A stakeholder is a contractor, vendor, or employee who has been through your sales cycle with you. Because they have firsthand experience, they also act as superfans recommending you to their network.
Superfans are simply delighted by your customer experience. In fact, customer experience has already overtaken price and product as the key brand differentiator, and 86% of buyers are willing to pay more for a better experience. As Brittany says, “Everything is experience, and experience is everything.”
What Makes Someone a Superfan?
It comes down to several factors that are easy to measure within your own brand:
- Return: Many brands focus too much on prospects, and they don’t nurture existing customers or stakeholders. You need to earn repeat business every time.
- Advocate: A superfan is someone who advocates on your behalf. Everyone is an advocate amongst their own circle, and people are 4x more likely to make a purchase if they’re referred by a friend or family member.
- Passion: Finally, many brands mistakenly think they have an awareness problem. In reality, they need to connect their story with their customers’ story to transform apathy into passion.
A superfan is a customer or stakeholder who not only returns to your brand, but who also acts as an advocate. Most importantly—you can’t buy superfans, and the only way to have them is to create them yourself.
Introducing the Superfan System
If you want to create superfans, you can’t just be good. You have to be S.U.P.E.R. Through this series, we’ll explore each topic of the S.U.P.E.R. umbrella in greater detail:
- Story: Your story is your foundation, and it’s one of the strongest branding tools.
- Understand: By creating a journey map and actively listening, you can both understand and amplify your customer story to boost referrals.
- Personalize and connect: Bring your brand to life through personalized content created with your ideal customer in mind.
- Exceed expectations: You don’t want to just meet customer expectations. You want to exceed them—and start by understanding them.
- Repeat: Lastly, it’s important to repeat your strategy to create a strong reputation.
In the next part of this series, you can access a free workbook to guide you through the Superfan System as it relates to your brand. By connecting on all of these points above, you’re taking a proactive step towards becoming a customer-first business.
Start Your Superfan Journey
Now that you understand the basics of the Superfan System, you’re ready to begin your own journey towards creating real-life superfans for your business. Through these 6 expert videos, you’ll learn how to retain your best customers, encourage them to rave about your brand, and align your stories.
Whether you work in real estate, hospitality, or anything in between, this system is for you. As customer experience continues to reign supreme, superfans are your biggest differentiator from your competition.Access Superfan Series