123, Main St
Boston, MA 02109
- Enthusiastic, resourceful, and trainable recent graduate with academic background in communications and internship experience as Communications’ Program teachers’ assistant.
- Offer old-fashioned work-ethic and excellent prioritization abilities developed through balancing of rigorous academic and employment objectives throughout high school and college years.
- Professionally committed and responsible. Adapt easily to new situations. Successfully handle a wide range of functions using a combination of creative, organizational, and writing skills.
- Maintain focus in demanding work environments, under deadline and pressure conditions. Meet challenges head-on and always find a way to effectively complete multiple assignments or tasks.
Bachelor of Arts in Communications, C.W. Post University, Greenvale, NY May, xxxx
Courses included Introduction to Public Relations, Message Criticism, Advanced Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communications, Organizational Communication, and Persuasion.
- Teachers’ Assistant C.W. Post University, Greenvale NY Spring, xxxx
- Assisted professors in planning, teaching, and record-keeping for forty-two students in two Communications classes: Interpersonal Communication and Group Interaction and Discussion.
- Tutored students daily and taught one day per week.
- Wrote study guides and held review sessions. Aided in preparation of professors’ lesson plans and prepared lesson plans for own teaching. Served as liaison between students and teachers. Kept teachers’ attendance records and grade book.
- Originally suggested internship to one professor and pursued existing opportunity with the other. Received excellent evaluations from each teacher and from students.
Computer and Communication Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Work in PC and Mac environments. Accomplished writer, editor, and public speaker. Conversant in Spanish.
Delicatessen Clerk Pathmark Supermarket
1999 to xxxx
Theater Attendant Multiplex Theater
1998 to 1999
Dietary Aide to the Elderly St. Mary’s Nursing Home
1995 to 1997
Sales Associate and Cashier Rainbow Shop
1994 to 1995