1234, Main Street,
Boston, MA 02109
HARVARD UNIVERSITY, GRADUATE SCHOOL OF ARTS AND
SCIENCES – Boston, MA
Doctor of Philosophy, Virology – January 2001
- Thesis: CD4-Independent Replication of a CCR5-Using HIV-1 Primary Isolate.
CORNELL UNIVERSITY– Ithaca, NY Bachelor of Arts, Biology – May 1997
- Honors Thesis: Non-cytolytic release of Canine Parvovirus. Advisor: Dr. Colin Parrish
RA CAPITAL ASSOCIATES (www.racap.com) – Cambridge, MA
Director– June 2001
- Evaluate all investment opportunities, ranging from biotechnology startups to public companies.
- Assist Managing Director Richard Aldrich, former CBO of Vertex Pharmaceuticals, on business development and strategy-related advisory projects.
EVELEXA BIORESOURCES (www.evelexa.com) – 4500+ members Boston, MA
Founder, Director January 2001 –
- Developed educational web site that offers free business information related to starting biotech companies.
- Author an article each month for e-mail distribution to members.
- Members may download a free copy of the Entrepreneur’s Guide to a Biotech Startup
INDEPENDENT CONSULTING – Boston, MA January 2001
- Pearlacon, Inc. Proteomics start-up Proposed specifications for prototype drug-screening platform.
- Eleusis Biomedical, Inc. Diagnostics start-up. Helped raise $1.4M of a $4.5M A round.
- Global Prior Art, Inc. www.globalpriorart.com. Intellectual property consulting firm.
- Developed and executed business and marketing strategy targeting biotech community.
ENTREPRENEUR’S GUIDE TO A BIOTECH START-UP. THIRD
- A 100+ page guide for biotech entrepreneurs. Background research included interviews with attorneys, venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, scientists, angel investors, technology transfer specialists, and others. The third and prior editions have been available for free download as of March, 2001 at www.evelexa.com
- Co-founder of BiotechTuesday (www.biotechtuesday.com), Boston networking event series. 1,700+ members
- Founded Harvard Biotechnology Club in 1999. (www.thebiotechclub.org). 4,000+ members.
- Enjoy snowboarding, sailing, and travel.